A fellow author sent me these cheeky queries. Enjoy!
- What’s the most recent book you’ve read, and did you like it?
Surprisingly, this is difficult to answer! I usually read 2-3 books a week, but lately the offerings have been disappointing. Implausible plots, dark characters, and foul language seem to be common fare, and I end up deleting many books from my tablet within the first chapter. At the moment, I am reading “Rewind” by Rowan Shaw.
- How long do indoor plants stay alive in your abode?
I got rid of my plants during the last move and have not yet replaced them. I tend to fuss over the greenery and I had a spider plant which did so well it kept outgrowing its pot!
- How long does your laundry wait until it is folded?
Normally, five minutes or less. As a necessary evil, I like to get it done and put away so I can move on to more enjoyable tasks.
- A masked madman puts a gun to your head and says, “You are going to time-travel to a year prior to 1900, and live there for the rest of your life, or I will shoot you. You can choose the year and country of residence.” When/where do you travel to, or do you just let this mysterious person shoot you?
I find this question both intriguing and disturbing! I have no desire to live out the rest of my life in another time or place, so go ahead and shoot me. (There’s a book plot in there somewhere…)
- Do you have pets?
Not at present. I’ve had cats, dogs, parakeets, and gerbils, but have been pet-free for a long time (too many moves). Some day, I would enjoy adopting a small dog to keep me company.
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
Chicken vegetable soup. It’s delicious, nutritious, and saves me a boat load of money and time. What’s not to like?
- Off the top of your head, what book would you recommend right now?
“If I Live To Be 100” by Neenah Ellis. It’s on the top of my “to be read” list, and comes highly recommended.
- Should toothpaste be squeezed from the bottom, middle, or top for maximum comfort? Do you follow your own advice?
Any reasonably sane adult will squeeze from the bottom, and, yes, I follow my own advice! This question should always be included in pre-marital counseling sessions.
- What are your opinions on breakfast?
I’m a fan. Simple is best and I rarely skip it. Blueberry waffles with real maple syrup are a favorite, but I hardly ever indulge.
- What is your optimal bedtime?
If I had a choice, I would stay up late and get up late. Working second shift means I usually get to bed around 1:30 a.m.
- Who is your favorite historical figure (must currently be dead)?
The first who comes to mind is Abraham Lincoln. I seriously need to read some good biographies, though.