While it’s certainly true I didn’t accomplish everything I wanted to in 2018, it was still a good year! Below are some of the highlights, both personally and as an author.
- In April I published my first paranormal, wolf-shifter novel Expectant Moon. Reviews have been very positive! Book two, Traitor’s Moon, is nearly finished.
- Instead of scrambling to post something new all the time, I began the Weekly Roundup to keep my readers informed.
- My writing has improved due to some great and timely advice from a number of sources and I continue to grow and learn.
- Some fabulous story ideas are now waiting for me to find the time to write them!
- While it was a difficult decision, my books have been enrolled in KDP Select for most of 2018. Along with other marketing changes, I’ve been able to earn a fairly stable (but meager) income from my writing.
- My most popular post, the Odious Apostrophe appeared on April 16th.
While I have some goals in mind for the new year, I’m not going put pressure on myself by creating a list of resolutions. Aside from publishing Traitor’s Moon, I hope to write at least two novels and perhaps some short stories. If time permits, I may look into joining a local writers group. Much will depend on my work schedule and finances, so we’ll see.
- I completed a major move across country to live closer to my kids.
- My oldest son welcomed a third child, my first Grandson, this year!
- My younger son got married and they are now expecting their first baby in August!
- I am blessed with a decent job, lovely apartment, good health, some caring friends, and my extended family. God has been very good to me, as always.