Weekly Roundup is an update on what’s going on in my world. Welcome!
This week I want to share a mix of wonderful book quotes:
- “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” Groucho Marx
- “The library is inhabited by spirits that come out of the pages at night.” Isabel Allende
- “You cannot open a book without learning something.” Confucius
- “The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones.” Joseph Joubert
- “Literature is a luxury; fiction is a necessity.” G.K. Chesterton
- “Why can’t people just sit and read books and be nice to each other?” David Baldacci
- “A book is a dream that you hold in your hands.” Neil Gaiman
- “In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own.” Anna Quindlen
- “Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that’s where it should stay.” Christopher Hitchens
- “A book is a gift you can open again and again.” Garrison Keillor
Traitor’s Moon – I’m deep into chapter 10! Two of the minor characters have been brought together as mates and were named after my parents. If they were still alive they would not be amused! I didn’t do it on purpose…it just happened that way – really! Anyway, I’m unpacking the story box at a faster pace, revealing jewels which had to wait their turn. I’m not sure if I get more pleasure from revealing it to myself or to my readers. Word count stands at 80,000+.
My graphic artist is busy working on the cover for Traitor’s Moon! I love seeing the book come to life visually this way. In fact, she is creating covers for the series, which means Expectant Moon will get a new one too. I may give you a preview but will definitely reveal it when Traitor’s Moon is released. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.